Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not Dead Yet

It's been a bit so I thought I'd throw in an update.

I'm still working for BF's company. I still like the people and my boss. It's their slow time of year now, so I'm not working much. I think I'm going to get a grand total of 14 hours on this paycheck. It sucks a bit but it's more money then we had before.

The end of the year is the company's busy time and there were some personnel issues, so I was working nearly everyday. I was getting used to it. I was feeling like a could fit in and make a life here. The paychecks were nice. The job wasn't ideal but there was some hope there. And then it hit the slow time and things, well, went to what they were originally meant to be and the reality of that was a bit harsher than I was expecting.

Dealing with being replaceable has been rough. Dealing with rapidly changing company policy that makes even my little job unnecessary has been rough. But the biggest issue, by far, has been working with someone who doesn't share my work ethic. There are few things more demoralizing while looking for a full time job than working with someone who doesn't appreciate theirs. I'll admit, it gave me a mental breakdown. I can't get an interview...ze's angling for a promotion.

I have to give a shout out to my BF on that last one. He came home to that after working a long day and still went out of his way to cheer me up and remind me to have a little faith. He found good opportunities, they just took awhile. I'll find some of my own eventually too. It's just easier to have faith some days over others. Yup, BF is all kinds of awesome sauce!

----------------------------

On an unrelated note, I'm working on a couple posts. One is about a radical change in my thinking about what type of job I would like. Hopefully I'll get that one out soon. Yeah, I know, I'm being a tease.

No comments: